Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Evolution of a Birthday Cake...

Today was Sydney's Birthday and I really wanted to try to redeem myself--because the last 3 cakes have been, hmm-hmm, less than stellar. You'll have to tell me what you think about the evolution of Sydney's Birthday cakes the past 4 years.... ;)

I'm not really sure what I was envisioning with this one. Sad isn't it??? We dubbed it Pile-O-Cake. Fitting name don't you think?




Hmm...definitely better than the year before. But let's be honest--still pretty lame.


Yes. Those are donuts. The easiest cake to make. In my defense however, when I asked Sydney what kind of cake she wanted for her third birthday she told me wanted a donut cake. I wasn't about to argue with that request. ;)



When Sydney told me that she wanted a Jack Skellington cake (her favorite movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas, but we'll save that one for another post), I knew I had to change my ways if you will, and kick it in to high gear. With some much needed advice from a very creative friend of mine, I think I've had a Birthday Cake breakthrough!!! Hooray! And the best part was, it tasted divine!!!

So, I was a bit of a late bloomer in the birthday cake department. As a wife and/or mother what is something that has "evolved" for you??????

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Awesome!! You did an excellent job. As for your question, it is too deep for me at the moment. I will get back to you on that one. Heck- I'm still trying to tell you what to do with artichokes!!

McKenzie said...

Haha, I'm still trying to figure that out. And I bought Adi's first birthday cake!